Being a Phlebotomist one needs a direct interaction with the patients in order to collect samples of their bodily fluids like blood or urine used for the purpose of blood donation or analysis of health problems. In the earlier days this was performed by the doctors themselves and Phlebotomists never existed. Due to the growing need for medical attention the doctors are needed to perform more important tasks and hence the Phlebotomists came into existence. They assist the doctors in many ways. For performing all these activities without any flaws one needs to enroll themselves in good schools to gain all the required skills and knowledge. There are a number of good Phlebotomy Training Schools in Texas which offer excellent educational and training facilities for those aspiring to become a qualified Phlebotomy professional.
There are certain requirements to gain admission into these schools. They are as follows:
- One shouldn’t have fear of blood or “Haemophobia”.
- One should be over the age of 17yrs.
- One should possess high schools diploma or GED.
- One should have the capability to pay the high fee charged by many good schools. This can be somewhere between $1100 and $3300.
- One should get through the entrance exams conducted by various schools for the purpose of admitting students.
- One should also submit proofs clearing them against any health problems and criminal background.
The Texas state is one of the highest paying states. The Phlebotomists in Texas earn about $30,000 per annum, on an average with some added benefits. One can look for highest number of jobs as well as salaries in the cities of Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth, San Antonio, Corpus Christi, etc. There is no scarcity for good employers in the state of Texas. However, choosing the right kind of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Texas, which are most importantly accredited, bring a great change in your career curves.